Overdue congratulations go to Angela Donnelly, Library Manager, for receiving one of the HR Service Staff Awards, in the category of Improvement through Innovation.
“I was very surprised and pleased to accept this award on behalf of the Staff Library Team who have all worked very hard to implement the changes in the way we deliver Library services to staff at East Cheshire” said Angela, seen above. The award was given for the many improvements implemented since July 2010. These included:
- the renaming and rebranding of the library;
- redesigning the space and inviting staff to contribute to a display of art work
- establishing the outreach service
- developing a successful partnership with the public library,
- launching the ‘six book challenge’
” The changes have increased the usage of the library service, made cost savings and established the library as a real resource for all groups of staff,” said Jackie Knapman who was responsible for nominating Angela.