The Staff Library provides support and guidance to all staff and students in central and eastern Cheshire from its location in the Education and Training Centre, West Park and also through its comprehensive website.
Utilising excellent IT facilities we specialise in providing 1:1 and small group training sessions, tailored to the learner’s requirements. This enables us to offer a high quality training service, supporting clinical governance and evidence based healthcare.
Popular areas of interest include how to:
- register for an Athens account
- become familiar with some of the many resources in NHS Evidence
- conduct effective literature searches using the Cochrane Library
- search for full text journal articles using MEDLINE, CINAHL, BNI and others
- maximise the benefit of online information using our website – setting alerts and subscribing to newsfeeds
Additional services from our Clinical and Community Outreach Librarians:
Carole Keeling, Clinical Outreach Librarian, offers staff and students at Macclesfield DGH, the following:
- assistance with research and improving your information searching skills
- literature searching service for individuals or departments, journal club, research groups
- Manuscript publication assistance – help with proof-reading, references and advice on submitting your work to publishers.
Steve Collman, Community Outreach Librarian, works exclusively with community staff and students to:
- discuss how to search more effectively and save time
- support and guide your research and
- discover ways in which our service can support yours!
Please contact Library Staff on 01625 66 1362 to discuss your training requirements