Health Business Elite training on Healthcare Databases Advanced Search (HDAS)
EBSCO Publishing is offering free online training sessions to NHS England users through the HDAS interface on NHS Evidence. These sessions are open to anyone within NHS England.
Health Business™ Elite contains full-text content for nearly 600 journals such as H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks, Harvard Business Review, Health Facilities Management, Health Management Technology, Healthcare Financial Management, Marketing Health Services, Materials Management in Health Care, Modern Healthcare, and more.
This database provides comprehensive journal content detailing all aspects of health care administration and other non-clinical aspects of health care institution management. Topics covered include hospital management, hospital administration, marketing, human resources, computer technology, facilities management and insurance.
By the end of the session you will have seen how to:
· Identify different search modes e.g. phrase searching, searching with AND, OR, NOT
· Utilise specific field codes to refine a search e.g. title, abstract, geography
· Use truncation to search for words with multiple endings e.g. hospital, hospitals, hospitalisation, hospitalization
· Combine searches to refine your search
· Apply limits to retrieve those pertinent to your search e.g. in a specific age group
· Manage your results including number of articles to display and sorting
· Link to the full text of the articles
This training will last up to 1 hour. There will be opportunity to ask questions throughout and at the end of the session. Your trainer for these sessions will be Richard Crookes [email@example.com] previously a healthcare librarian in NHS England, now a Training Specialist for EBSCO in the UK and Ireland.
Session Dates and Booking information
You will need a PC with internet access to take part in the session and either a telephone or headphones to listen to the audio. HEADPHONES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE STAFF LIBRARY. The available sessions are listed below. Please click on the date of your choice and you will be directed to a self registration page.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 2.00pm
Wednesday 8 February 2012 10.30am
Thursday 8 March 2012 11.00am
You will be registered automatically. If you haven’t received your confirmation after 2 hours please check your junk / spam email folder.