An NHS Athens account may be required in some cases:
Added in February
- Dehydration in hospital-admitted stroke patients: detection, frequency and association, Stroke, December 2011
- Increased short-term risk of thrombo-embolism or death after interruption of warfarin treatment in patients with atrial fibrillation, European Heart Journal, December 2011
- Interventions for treating anxiety after stroke, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, December 2011
- Is tongxinluo more effective than isosorbide dinitrate in treating angina pectoris? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, December 2011
- Low-molecular-weight heparin and mortality in acutely ill medical patients, New England Journal of Medicine, December 2011
- Patient education in the management of coronary heart disease, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, December 2011
- Rehabilitation after myocardial infarction trial (RAMIT): multi-centre randomised controlled trial of comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation in patients following acute myocardial infarction, Heart, December 2011
- Self-monitoring of oral anticoagulation: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data, Lancet, January 2012
Added in January
Latest publications of Eyes on Evidence from NHS Evidence:
Eyes on Evidence January 2012
Eyes on Evidence February 2012
In addition to regular updates to systematic reviews and guidelines, the new Clinical Evidence website includes additional educational and practical resources based on feedback from customers across the world – you can find more details on these features below.
Asthma and other wheezing disorders in children
Although recent evidence suggests that asthma prevalence is now falling in the UK and other Western countries after sustained rises during the 1980s and 1990s, lifetime asthma prevalence is still reported as 24% in children aged 9 to 12 years in the UK. Our latest update of this condition includes several important changes of categorisation for asthma drug treatments in children.
Visit the Clinical Evidence website to see the full review.
Other updates include:
Tubal ectopic pregnancy
Obsessive compulsive disorder
For more information on all the above systematic reviews, visit the Clinical Evidence website.
Highlights from BMJ Online – requires Athens account
Skills for Health and Skills for Care have been commissioned by the Department of Health to deliver a series of one day workshops to provide an introduction to the Common Core Principles for Dementia. The principles provide a framework for learning and development and form the foundation for good practice for staff working with people with dementia. These integrated ‘train the trainer’ workshops are aimed at workforce and training leads from health and social care. Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis so to be sure of your place, register below.
Workshops for managers and training leads working in a healthcare setting
These workshops are aimed at healthcare care managers and training leads who want to support their teams to deliver high quality care to people with dementia.
- Wednesday – 11 – Leeds
- Thursday – 12 – Sheffield
- Wednesday – 18 – Peterborough
- Tuesday – 1 – Manchester
- Wednesday – 2 – Birmingham
- Thursday – 3 – Oxford
Training places are limited and are FREE.