since you last visited the Staff Library, you’ll notice a few changes.
Apart from offering 24/7 access to books, journals and computers, you will also find:
- leisure reading books
- complementary tea and coffee
- wifi access available on request
- staff art exhibition
- and no cardigan wearing librarians , peering over their glasses who say “Schhhhhhhh”!!
Hard to believe? Come in and see for yourself. It’s your library.
The Six Book Challenge invites readers to read six books and record their reading in a diary in order to receive a certificate and the chance to enter a national prize draw.
The Reading Agency launched the Six Book Challenge in 2008. Since then an estimated 47,500 people have registered for the scheme and 17,000 have completed it.
Who takes part?
– Around 100 prisons and YOIs took part in 2011 at least doubling their involvement
– 90 workplaces were involved in 2011 including Boots, Wincanton Logistics, Transport for London, McVitie’s and over 20 NHS Trusts.
The Staff Library is the place to start – come along and see the range of titles and choose from either short stories or perhaps you might prefer a more substantial read. We have something for every taste – fiction, non fiction, sci-fi or biographical. Why not bring a colleague, browse the shelves and have a coffee?