Infection: prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections in primary and community care
Clinical guidelines, CG139 – Issued: March 2012
This clinical guideline (published March 2012) updates and replaces NICE clinical guideline 2 (published June 2003). It offers evidence-based advice on the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections in primary and community care. New and updated recommendations address areas in which clinical practice for preventing healthcare-associated infections in primary and community care has changed, where the risk of healthcare-associated infections is greatest, and where the evidence has changed.
From May 30th, the NHS Evidence Healthcare Database Service (HDAS) will have a new look.
The new design addresses a number of priorities identified from user’s feedback.
Users can expect an improved more reliable performance which provides:
- Extra navigation options
- Collapsible/expandable search history
- Context sensitive help and advice with task and function relevant HELP
- Improved thesaurus and selection options
- More flexible options for running previous searches
- Applying limits to the search history display
- Running count of the number of results a search will retrieve as searches are adjusted.