Brave meningitis amputee joins family’s £20K fundraiser
Eleanor was admitted to Macclesfield Hospital before an overnight transferral to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool where she underwent surgery …
Dr M Nicol, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, will give a presentation entitled ‘NHS Information Strategy – what it could mean for our patients and for us as clinicians’.
Taking place in the Education and Training Centre, West Park.
27 June, 2012 (re-post)
A series of factsheets on the Health and Social Care Act 2012 explain particular topics contained in the Act, including its key themes. They include case studies of the policy in action, or answer frequently asked questions about the topic.
The factsheets were first published in October 2011 and have since been updated to reflect the changes made during the Act’s Parliamentary passage. The list below show the titles available – follow this link to review them via Health and Social Care Act explained | Modernisation of health and care.
- Case for change
- Overview of health and care structures
- Scrutiny and improvements
- Key policy areas in the Act
- Clinically-led commissioning
- Provider regulation to support innovative and efficient services
- Greater voice for patients
- New focus for public health
- Greater accountabilty locally and nationally
- Modernising health and care public bodies
- Support worker regulation
- Cross-cutting themes of the Bill
- Improving quality of care
- Tackling inequalities in healthcare
- Promoting better integration of health and care services
- Choice and competition
- The role of the Secretary of State
- Reconfiguration of services
- Establishing new national bodies
- Embedding research as a core function of the health service
- Education and training
via Health and Social Care Act explained | Modernisation of health and care.