The next Grand Round presentation will be given by Dr. D Wright, Paediatric Consultant, entitled ‘Simulation: Next Best Thing or Latest Fad?’
The lecture will commence at 1:00pm in the lecture theatre at Macclesfield District General Hospital and is preceded by a buffet from 12:15pm in seminar room 4.
The Trusts NEW Employee Well-being Strategy was recently launched at events held at Macclesfield Hospital on 30 October 2012 and Eagle Bridge on
5 November 2012. Both events were a great success with over 150 members of staff attending. Numerous activities took place ranging from mini health checks to physiotherapy and nutritional advice. There were competitions including a diet and nutrition quiz, physiotherapy challenge and staff feedback competition. Well done to the following winners!
Staff Feedback & Suggestions
1st Prize – Gill Mayer, Clinical Effectiveness
2nd Prize – Joan Murray, Dental Team
3rd Prize – Maria Davidson, District Nursing
Diet & Nutrition Quiz
1st Prize – Cathy Hollinshead, District Nursing
2nd Prize – Sharon Oliver, District Nursing
Physiotherapy Cycle Challenge
1st Prize – Sophie Fryer, HR Graduate
If you would like to become part of the Well-being Steering Group or have any ideas/suggestions, please contact:
Eileen Platt, Well-being Group Chair. Eileen.email@example.com
The December edition of AQuA News includes these topics:
- North West health improvement programme reduces mortality
- View AQuA’s newly enhanced external website
- Shared Decision Making ‘Train the Trainer’ resource launched
- Mersey Care bespoke work update
- Launch event ‘Don’t Just Screen – Intervene’
- Armed Forces Community Directory
- AQuA self-management support
- Integrated Care Community launches
- Quality of health care continues to rise in North West hospitals
- Your opinion counts: Take part in the AQuA Member survey!
- Nursing Times award winners
AQuA Academy programmes – coming soon
– AIM+: New quarter four dates launched
– Quality improvement for finance: Cohort 3
– AQuA Improvement Methodologies (AIM): Cohort 11 open for bookings
- AQuA Patient Safety Ambassadors
- AQuA: The Health Foundation Improving Safety Award
Look for the next edition of AQuA News available in February 2013.
TATTON Ward at Knutsford Community Hospital has been closed since 2010.
Its operator – East Cheshire NHS Trust – has made it clear that it feels the ward is no longer able to meet the needs of patients.
On its website it has listed the reasons behind the closure: it is old accommodation in need of modernisation; it has reduced access to therapy services; and it has limited access to medical care.
The website adds: “We made the decision in September 2010 to temporarily close this facility due to these reasons. We are now proposing the permanent closure of this ward and the transfer of the service to the Langley Unit at Macclesfield District General Hospital.”