In addition there are some very popular modules on stroke medicine for you to complete. They give an important update on a range of common dilemmas.
Centre for Nursing Innovation
Extract from newsletter
The links below enable you to freely download and share the latest Improvement Insights, part of the FoNS Dissemination Series Improvement Insights.
Each of these one-page summaries reports on the innovative ways in which nurse-led teams across the UK have been supported by FoNS to work with patients, relatives and staff in their drive to deliver excellent care.
Volume 8 Numbers 1-10:
- Embedding Excellent Nutrition Care Practices in an Acute Hospital Ward
- Establishing a Nurse Led Respite Ward within a Hospice
- Evaluation of ‘Back to the floor Friday’ at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- An Action Research Project Exploring the Utility of Rectal Irrigation in Children
- The Establishment of the Heathfield Healthcare Centre in HMP Wandsworth
- Improving the Patient Journey within a Minor Injuries Unit
- Improving the Patient Experience of Admission to an Older Persons Acute Mental Health Ward
- Supporting Patients in their Own Homes
- Involving Service Users’ Stories in Developing Mental Health Services: The Process of Capturing, Enabling and Supporting Service Users’ Expertise and Experiences
- Oral Care Management for Children, Young People and their Families in the Palliative Care Setting
FoNS is committed to supporting the development of nursing and healthcare practice and one of the ways we achieve this is by providing freely accessible information. All the projects and initiatives reported on have been supported by one of FoNS’ practice based development and research programmes and have aimed to:
- Respond to the needs of patients
- Improve patients’ experience of care
- Be evidence based (including practice knowledge and service users’ experience)
- Make changes to practice
- Share their learning