• Workshop to launch AQuA’s SMS/SDM Commissioning Framework
• AQuA members shortlisted for care awards
• Lessons learnt from AQuA’s In-hospital Mortality work
• AQuA Reducing Avoidable Hospital Mortality
• Deep Dive Into: Latest programme dates
• AQuA’s Lean Network
• Robert Francis master class
• Introduction to Lean, Cohort 4 – hold the dates!
• Patient Safety Ambassadors
• Advanced Team Training Programme
• A New Role for Finance in Quality Improvement
• Community SAFE – programme update
• Patient Safety Champions
• Living Well with Dementia
• Integrating health and social care teams
• Whole person care: From rhetoric to reality
• Spreading the word about Shared Decision Making (SDM)
• ‘Train the Trainer’ event to support SDM spread in the NW
• Don’t just Screen – Intervene project
• Mental Health and Long Term Conditions (LTC) newsletters now available
• Quality profiles for NHS Mental Health Trust
Dozens of members of staff from East Cheshire NHS Trust have attended a special adult learners event aimed at promoting lifelong learning and highlighting opportunities.
The well-attended drop in session saw a number of education providers taking part including the Staff Library, the MacMillan Cancer Resource Centre, Macclesfield College, Cheshire ICT, Cheshire HR and Unison.
The event took place in the lecture theatre at Macclesfield District General Hospital and was organised by the trust’s Learning and Development team.
A prize draw took place and the winner was Karen Larson, Midwife at East Cheshire NHS Trust, who collected a beautiful collection of potted plants, generously donated by Macclesfield Community Garden Centre.
If you would like to know more about the learning and development opportunities in the library please contact us on 01625 661362.
East Cheshire Health Unison website
East Cheshire Health Unison branch, which covers East Cheshire NHS Trust staff and other associated staff, now has its own website. This means members can check out what’s happening locally and contact the branch directly. It can be found at http://www.unisonech.co.uk
In recognition of the wonderful work done by volunteers across the Trust, we would like to say a particular ‘thank you’ to our volunteer, Mavis Solomon. Mavis’ weekly contribution when she isn’t out walking the hills or gardening, is much appreciated whether she is shelving books, creating labels or keeping our plants in good condition.
Volunteers’ Week is an annual celebration of the fantastic contribution millions of volunteers make across the UK – and it’s taking place from the 1-7 June 2013.
This year’s Volunteers’ Week focuses on saying ‘Thank You’ to the millions of volunteers who regularly contribute to society, and to recognise the way that organisations celebrate the work of volunteers across the UK.
Interested in volunteering? You can find volunteering opportunities online at the following sites:
For more information on the following visit your Wellbeing Direct Pages
Staff discounts, schemes and theatre offers
- Staff activities and events
- Wellbeing Newsletters
- Change support resources.
Current Wellbeing Activities
- DIY Health Check Point at MDGH
- Join the Trusts ‘Big Band’
- Tai Chi
- Complimentary therapies
- Trust choir.
Click here for more information on all programmes currently being offered.
The next Grand Round will take place on Wednesday, 5 June, and will be a facilitated by Dr. Rob Stead, Medical Director, entitled “Staff Conversation – Francis Report“.
The lecture takes place at 1:00pm in the new lecture theatre, 1st Floor Macclesfield District General Hospital. It will be preceded by a buffet from 12:15pm.
The following Grand Round will take place on Wednesday, 12 June, with a presentation by Dr. Arzu Cubukcu, entitled “Integrated Heart Failure Approach”.