The Trust is upgrading some of its software, including MS Office to the 2010 version. This looks and feels very different to what you are probably familiar with but never fear, help is at hand from the library!
We have a set of tutorials which enable you to watch, practice and assess yourself on the new version – whether your interest is in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access or Publisher. Working at your own pace, in the relative peace and quiet of the library, there is help at hand if you need it and you can even enjoy a complementary tea or coffee while you learn.
It’s free and pretty painless – there are no usernames or passwords to memorise.
Please contact us on Ext 1362 if you would like to know more or simply call in the Library and we’ll be happy to get you started.
In case you weren’t aware, you can now use the Library computers to complete all your elearning topics. The Safeguarding module has been widely used for the last couple of weeks and it’s pretty straight forward, providing you get some of the basics right.
- Help your self to a complementary cup of tea or coffee
- Choose one of the drop in computers and make yourself comfortable
- Don’t put yourself under pressure -give yourself plenty of time to complete it and don’t worry!
- Make sure you have your username eg: 209STEVENSJ01 and your password – remember that the password is case sensitive so make sure the CAPS LOCK key isn’t on.
- If you’re not sure how to reach the topic you need, ask a member of the Library staff to assist you.
- Make sure you read every page – if you miss any stages the program will be marked ‘incomplete’
- Print off your certificate or proof of completion if required