HV Celebrate Share and Learn Event :
16 October 2014
Follow what is happening at this free event on Twitter using #HVcelebration
It is supported by NHS England, Health Education North East, Health Education North West, and Health Education Yorks and Humber.
There will be opportunities to:
- Listen and learn from national and local speakers
- Network with other professionals
- Share your good work by running a workshop, displaying a poster
Apart from being of interest to health visitors, the organisers are pleased welcome midwives, school nurses, local authority staff, managers and any other early years staff
Read more on the website Download the flyer here.
Click here to book your free place on this event, the password is NEHV151014
Issue: 91 & Issue 92 are now available from the AQuA Portal (click to log on and download).
Issue 91 – sample content includes:
- The 2015 Challenge Manifesto: a time for action
- A new settlement for health and social care
- NHS England Chief Executive committed to improving dementia diagnosis
- Horizon Scanning – CMO
- Patient Experience – personalised’ mental health resource
- Horizon Scanning
- Safer Care – treatment of sepsis
- Integration – joined-up care for people with complex needs
- Safer Care – CQC inspects independent hospitals
In Issue 92 you’ll find the Top Stories:
- New MyNHS transparency site goes live
- NHS England publishes Annual Review
- FTs under pressure, analysis shows
- Reducing Mortality
- Patient Experience – cancer patients’ experience
Looking at the books taken out on loan this week from the library, the top 6 are:
- Effective interaction with patients
- Reading Research – how to make research more approachable
- Assessment supervision and support in clinical practice
- Managing change in organisations
- Macleod’s clinical examination
Don’t forget you can ring and reserve or email us to hold any book for you until you can collect.
Click to view the full collection online
Until March 2015 staff and students at East Cheshire Trust can access the NATURE NHS FINCH COLLECTION which includes the following subject areas:
- Clinical Practice and Research
- Earth and Environment
- Life Sciences: Includes British Journal of Cancer, British Dental Journal, American Journal of Gastroenterology, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, International Journal of Obesity,Eye and many more.
You will need an Athens account before going to:
- Login at http://www.nature.com/
- Select Login via Athens
- From the top of the Home page browse either by publication or by
Click here now to view the collection
Institute for Public Policy Research
Patients in control: why people with long-term conditions must be empowered
This report argues that more should be done to recognise and support the amount of self-management done by people with long-term conditions and their carers, and to enable people to work in partnership with healthcare providers to agree the services that fit their needs.
For staff and students of EAST CHESHIRE NHS TRUST
On 24th September a talk entitled “Go With The Flow” (Legionella) by Dr Rajesh Rajendran will be delivered in the Lecture Theatre at MDGH. The meeting is sponsored by Ashfields and the presentation begins at 1:00pm.
It was lovely to meet the Year 5 Manchester med students on induction @thestafflibrary this morning. We hope you have a great time here at Macclesfield and if there’s anything we can do to help, please just ask.
Good luck to Michael, Joanne, Simon, Melanie, Joseph, Rosannah and Maria. Come back and see us soon!