World Alzheimer’s Month 2014
September 2014 sees the third international campaign to raise awareness through World Alzheimer’s Month. This year the theme is ‘Dementia: Can we reduce the risk?’ and looks at how we can adopt healthier brain lifestyles.
Some useful websites and elearning resources.
- Alzheimer’s Society – information, training, resources, treatments and news
- Alzheimer’s Research UK – range of booklets available for download
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia resources – (Alz.org) symptoms, signs and support
- Alzheimer’s Disease International – (Alz.co.uk) Global information, knowledge and solutions
- The Open Dementia Programme: Social Care and Institute for Excellence – free elearning modules
- Management of dementia in primary care – in association with the Alzheimer’s Society – free elearning from BMJ Learning after logging in with Athens account.
- NICE Evidence for wider searching of healthcare databases and ejournals – NHS Athens account required for full-text articles.