Epidemiology and risk factors for diabetic retinopathy in CYP with type 1 diabetes mellitus in a DGH
B Roisin, L Hayley, C Surendran – 2014
Click the title link to read more.
A practical look at digital support for the health sector
City & Guilds on 29 October 2014 (12.00 – 12.40) for a FREE webinar exploring how to make the most of digital resources to develop maths and English skills in the healthcare workforce.
Look out for future webinars and information the events page.
****** book a place
The next Grand Round at East Cheshire NHS Trust will take place on Wednesday 5th November 2014, with a presentation by Dr Ramasamy Saravanan, entitled ‘Telemedicine in ECT – Could This Be the Future!? (Telemedicine Innovation Project Group).’
Any enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3 articles from British Journal of Surgery (BJS) are shown below:
British Journal of Surgery (3 new articles):
Drop by the Staff Library today between 10:00 – 4:00pm and find out how we are marking World Mental Health Day.
- There will be hypnotherapy and reflexology taster sessions
- View our mental health books and eresources
- E-Resource demos by Vicki Bramwell (CWP)
- and read the latest research plus advice and information.
The BMJ Clinical Evidence website at http://clinicalevidence.bmj.com/ has recently been updated and is fully optimised to fit your mobile, tablet or laptop. To see for yourself you can view a sample systematic review by following this link – Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Take a look for yourself and see what else might be useful.
In this monthly alert from BMJ Best Practice there are 2 new topics.
Follow the BMJ link above and log-in to see all of the available evidence-based content.
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
- Sepsis in children
- the symptoms for rheumatoid arthritis
- how to stay healthy and active
- how to find quality information on the web
Staff and students are invited to ‘drop-in’ the Staff Library, 2nd Floor, New Alderley House, next Tuesday 14 October between 10:00-4:00pm as part of World Arthritis Day. There will be information and light refreshments available plus staff on hand who would be happy to help you research this complex and painful disease.
On Monday lunchtime 13 October, Library staff will be on hand in the Staff Canteen. It’s a great opportunity to register, find out all the benefits and bombard them with questions. If you have recently enrolled on academic study and would like to brush up on your evidence based searching skills, then look no further! Book a 1:1 session with Steve or Carole and demystify the various databases!
Have you visited our Understanding Evidence page recently. For those of you returning to study this year, you can find some useful links on our website at http://ectsl.weebly.com/understanding-evidence.html
October edition of AQuA News: https://www.aquanw.nhs.uk/content_items/8994
In this edition you will find:
- Advancing Quality extends into five new conditions
- Cancer patients are setting the agenda with Shared Decision Making
- Steve Fairman visits AQuA
- Enhanced Recovery Dashboards
- AQuA extends a very warm welcome to its two new board members Gary Doherty and Professor Michael West
- The Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat
- Closing The Gap
- AQuA’s safety programme lead Andrea McGuiness reflects on her and colleague Bernie O’Hare’s recent trip to IHI, Boston
- New AQuA website and members’ area
- Salford strives to combat malnutrition in older people
- Using data to see the whole system – AQuA and ADASS Scorecard
- Health Foundation host building capability for improving safety workshop
- Introduction to Improvement Methodologies – onsite successes
- Board, Governing Body and Senior Leader Development Programme 2014/15
- Spotlight on AQuA Fellows
A new date for your diary:
Tuesday 14 October
World Arthritis Day
For all staff and students of EC NHS Trust
Drop-in between 10:00-4:00pm in the Staff Library, 2nd Floor, New Alderley House.
More details to follow soon.