A recently published article by two local authors looking at whether social deprivation in the presence of diabetes is an independent predictor of developing a foot ulcer and separately of mortality.
>> Click here for the full-text <<
Authored by Haika Shoo and George Dunn, East Cheshire NHS Trust.
Published: December 2017
The latest Breast Surgery Bulletin can be viewed here
A recently published article written by 3 local authors on the challenges and solutions in the management of distal humerus fractures:
Written by Saif Ul Islam, Alexander Glover, and Mohammad Waseem, East Cheshire NHS Trust.
The latest edition of the East Cheshire NHS Trust Critical Care bulletin is now available!
Are you starting a new course, project or research in 2018? You will need an NHS Athens account!
Do you need to keep up-to-date with advances in your speciality, or do background research for patient care? You will need an NHS Athens account!
NHS Athens is a single username/password which will give you access to the majority of our information resources:
- databases (e.g. Medline, Cinahl, Embase, etc)
- e-books (access hundreds of books fulltext, including the Oxford Medicine series, Royal Marsden, key clinical textbooks, leadership and management, and much more);
- e-journals (all our journals are now only available online – access the fulltext of articles with your Athens login);
- apps (BMJ Best Practice, BNF/BNFC are all available for you to download and use for free);
- clinical information and point-of-care tools (BMJ Best Practice and BMJ Learning are freely available with an East Cheshire NHS Athens login);
- and more!
Create a free NHS Athens account at: https://openathens.nice.org.uk
If you would like some help or training in how to use any of the resources, or you are having trouble creating an Athens account, please contact the Library.