Are you starting a new course, project or research in 2018? You will need an NHS Athens account!
Do you need to keep up-to-date with advances in your speciality, or do background research for patient care? You will need an NHS Athens account!
NHS Athens is a single username/password which will give you access to the majority of our information resources:
- databases (e.g. Medline, Cinahl, Embase, etc)
- e-books (access hundreds of books fulltext, including the Oxford Medicine series, Royal Marsden, key clinical textbooks, leadership and management, and much more);
- e-journals (all our journals are now only available online – access the fulltext of articles with your Athens login);
- apps (BMJ Best Practice, BNF/BNFC are all available for you to download and use for free);
- clinical information and point-of-care tools (BMJ Best Practice and BMJ Learning are freely available with an East Cheshire NHS Athens login);
- and more!
Create a free NHS Athens account at: https://openathens.nice.org.uk
If you would like some help or training in how to use any of the resources, or you are having trouble creating an Athens account, please contact the Library.