Have you read any of these? Last week the top 5 most popular books on loan were:
- Making sense of the ECG
- Assessment, Supervision and support in clinical practice
- Clinical supervision in learning and mentorship in nursing
- Achieving evidence based practice: a handbook for practitioners
- Palliative care – the nurses role
SNAP – the free online numeracy resource is ready to be used and was launched on
26 September 2011.
SNAP is a region wide, cross sector collaboration of major organisations in the process of planning, designing and producing a Standardised Numeracy Assessment resource for use across several healthcare sectors:
• As a learning resource during healthcare cadetships, Access to Nursing, and other healthcare programmes within colleges of further education
• During selection processes for admission to pre-registration nurse education and other allied health professional preparation courses by Higher Education Institutes
• By service provider organisations wishing to confirm and further develop the numeracy skills of its newly recruited and/or qualified staff, plus existing (e.g. mentor and supervisor) workforce.
SNAP is funded by the Northwest Council of Deans of Health and NHS Northwest. The link to SNAP is www.snap.nhs.uk