Click here to log-on and download from the AQuA website.
– Update on Urgent and Emergency Care Review
– A national review of choices in end-of-life care
– Population level commissioning for the future
· Productivity: Focus on how money is spent, not just how much
· Integration: The relationship between delayed discharge and care home bed supply
· Reducing Mortality: Cancer survival in England by stage
· Safer Care: National flu programme training slide set for healthcare professionals
· Public Health: Ambitious for recovery: tackling drug and alcohol addiction in the UK
· Reducing Mortality: NHS England sets out plan for a sustainable Cancer Drugs Fund
· Productivity: Help for NHS to recover costs of care from visitors and migrants
· Patient Experience: Aim to improve patient protection and public confidence in doctors
· Prevention: Asthma admissions rise in September
· Safer Care: Model process flowchart for raising concerns
· Prevention: MRSA screening and suppression guidance
· Data & Intelligence: Data round up
With thanks to Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust who produce this Health Management bulletin.
Extract from the April edition
The new structure of the NHS in England
This slideshow (attached below) outlines the main changes to management,
accountability and funding structures resulting from the Health and Social Care Act. (The Nuffield Trust, April 2013)
Transforming our health care system: ten priorities for commissioners
This paper outlines ten priorities for commissioners in the new NHS and has been updated to reflect changes in the healthcare system since 1st April. It lays out ten priorities for action; why they are important; what the potential impact is; and how to achieve these changes. (The King’s fund, revised edition, April 2013)
We would be pleased to hear your opinions of this content and whether you would like it to be included on this page in future, by using the ‘comment’ feature below. Thank you.
Issue 68 of the fortnightly AQuA Bulletin is now available for you to download
This site promotes a mixture of tools and publications aimed at improving healthcare services. Registration is free.
Issue: 66 of the AQuA Bulletin is now exclusively available on the AQuA Portal (click here to log on and download).
- Hunt – NHS must fundamentally change to solve A&E problems
- NHS England supports winter plans for urgent and emergency services
- Safer Hospitals, Safer Wards Technology Fund receives extension
- Safer Care: UK to Host G8 Dementia Summit
- Reducing Mortality: Stoptober – Mass 28-day Stop Smoking Challenge
- Patient Experience: Joint Briefing – The Francis Inquiry
- Integration: Improving Integration within Mental Healthcare
- Productivity: CCG Development Framework – A Clear Direction of Travel
- Safer Care: How Do We Balance Cost-Effectiveness with Safety?
- Patient Experience: Caldicott Information Governance Review
- Prevention: Predicting Hospital Admission: An Observational Study
- Patient Experience: The Shifting Nature of the Health & Social Care Divide
- Innovation: Shine Innovation Programme Accepting Applications
- Productivity: £1bn to Help A&Es and NHS Staff Access Medical Records
- Data & Intelligence: Data round up…
Don’t forget you can see a range of bulletins and sign up to horizon scanning information on our website.
Children, Families and Maternity bulletin for May 2013.
PDF, 74KB, 8 pages Published by DoH