The following new style Evidence Updates were published recently:
Pregnancy and complex social factors: Evidence Update January 2012: focuses on a summary of selected new evidence relevant to NICE clinical guideline 110, ‘A model for service provision for pregnant women with complex social factors’ (2010).
Bacterial meningitis and meningococcal septicaemia: Evidence Update January 2012: focuses on a summary of selected new evidence relevant to NICE clinical guideline 102, ‘Management of bacterial meningitis and meningococcal septicaemia in children and young people younger than 16 years in primary and secondary care’ (2010).
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: Evidence Update February 2012: focuses on a summary of selected new evidence relevant to NICE clinical guideline 101, ‘Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults in primary and secondary care’ (2010).
Venous thromboembolism: reducing the risk, Evidence Update February 2012: focuses on a summary of selected new evidence relevant to NICE clinical guideline 92, ‘Reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism (deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism) in patients admitted to hospital’ (2010).
An NHS Athens account may be required in some cases:
Added in February
- Dehydration in hospital-admitted stroke patients: detection, frequency and association, Stroke, December 2011
- Increased short-term risk of thrombo-embolism or death after interruption of warfarin treatment in patients with atrial fibrillation, European Heart Journal, December 2011
- Interventions for treating anxiety after stroke, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, December 2011
- Is tongxinluo more effective than isosorbide dinitrate in treating angina pectoris? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, December 2011
- Low-molecular-weight heparin and mortality in acutely ill medical patients, New England Journal of Medicine, December 2011
- Patient education in the management of coronary heart disease, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, December 2011
- Rehabilitation after myocardial infarction trial (RAMIT): multi-centre randomised controlled trial of comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation in patients following acute myocardial infarction, Heart, December 2011
- Self-monitoring of oral anticoagulation: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data, Lancet, January 2012
Added in January
Latest publications of Eyes on Evidence from NHS Evidence:
Eyes on Evidence January 2012
Eyes on Evidence February 2012
Two regular contributors to this website, NHS Networks and The King’s Fund now have their own permanent spaces. NHS Networks can be found on the Welcome page and The King’s Fund which provides the latest updates on health managment and policies is located on. as you might expect, the Health Management page.