A free event, run in partnership with the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) Adopting innovation in the NHS: working in partnership is taking place on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 in London. This event has been designed to help you understand the process of adopting innovation, how to engage colleagues and other stakeholders and cross-agency involvement.
The speakers include:
- Helen Bevan, Chief of Service Transformation at the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- Kathy McLean, Medical Director of the Provider Development Agency
- Stephen Whitehead, Chief Executive, ABPI
Four case studies that represent leading-edge work will be used to show innovation in practice. The case studies will focus on how partnerships can accelerate innovation and stimulate radical change, and will give you practical information on how to transfer these approaches to your workplace.
- A new paradigm for admissions avoidance Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust working in partnership with Baxter Healthcare Ltd
- Enabling patients to manage long term conditions at home – a whole pathway approach Derby Hospitals NHS Trust, University Hospital of North Staffordshire and The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust working in partnership with Baxter Healthcare Ltd
- Reaching ‘at risk’ and ‘hard to access’ populations through innovative media channels Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Foundation Trust working in partnership with Bristol-Myers Squibb Ltd.
- New ways of experienced led commissioning, placing the patient at the centre of the commissioning process Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd.
When and where: Wednesday 27 February 2013 at the Wellcome Collection Conference Centre, London.