Twice a year, the Staff Library Service issues a series of Updates that list the details of recent research reports in various specialties. Many of the articles have a link to the full text which you can access via an Athens password. Details on how to do this are explained clearly in each Update.
The Update series includes:
- Cardiac Care
- Chaplaincy and Counselling
- Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
If you would like to receive an electronic copy of any of the ‘Updates‘ by email, then please contact us on 01625 661362.
Carole Keeling one of our Outreach Librarians has put together a collection of articles of particular interest to Occupational Therapists.
Published in the form of an update, Carole is hoping to:
- bring together a range of recently-published research reports, articles and electronic resources to help OTs keep up-to-date with developments.
- remind readers of OT Update of the services available from the Staff Library Service – we can supply you with 1:1 or small group training in literature searching skills; obtain full-text articles for you; or provide services in literature searching to help you with your research tasks.
- respond to your information needs – if you have any suggestions on the type of information sources you would find helpful in future editions of OT Update, then please let us know.
Carole also offers similar updates for Dietetics staff and Speech and Language Therapists. If you haven’t received your ‘update’ via email already you can always request one by contacting Carole direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help with Athens
The Athens portal allows you to download the full text of articles, where the Trust has a subscription to the appropriate publisher. These are noted at the end of an abstract. You will need an Athens username and password to use the system, to register please log on to: https://register.athensams.net/nhs/nhseng/
If you are new to Athens and would like help in registering and starting to use Athens, please contact Carole Keeling (Outreach Librarian) who can come to your workplace and help you get started.
Please email email@example.com, or phone ext. 1547 to make an appointment – a 30 minute slot will get you up and running!